NPL Home Medical is one of the industry leaders in providing custom wheelchairs in Ohio. Since 1993, our promise has always been to deliver the highest quality service to both patients and medical professionals while creating a wheelchair solution that addresses our customer’s unique needs. At NPL, responding to our customer’s needs is always Job #1.
About This Career Opportunity:
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as a Sales Consultant. In this position, you will play a vital role in delivering our “Service First” value proposition to our patients, therapists, and physician stake holders. You will have an opportunity for personal and professional growth and career advancement as we build on our third consecutive year of significant double-digit growth. Don’t miss this opportunity to find career success with a forward thinking and growing company.
Summary of Responsibility:
The Sales Consultant is responsible for travelling within an assigned territory to meet with prospects and customers. In conjunction with a physician and therapist, the Sales consultant also helps analyze the patient’s unique needs, assists in the selection of the appropriate custom wheelchair equipment, and trains the patient and therapist on how to properly use the specific equipment.
- Calls on and presents to decision makers within the nursing home industry
- Travels within assigned territory to meet customer, prospects, therapists and physicians
- Builds and maintains relationships with therapist and referral sources
- Maintains records of all sales leads and customer accounts
- Educates customer on products
- Evangelizes the company’s brand
- Monitors the company’s competitors, new products, and market conditions to understand the needs and trends of the marketplace
- Fulfills client needs while working within the guidelines of Medicare, Medicaid, and Private Insurance coverage requirements.
- Manages relationships with Long Term Care Facility accounts
- Answers questions about products, prices, availability, credit terms
- Works with the NPL Team to resolve problems and provide support
- Meets yearly growth targets
- Coordinates with other staff to generate sales and provide excellent customer service
- Follows established processes to ensure a streamlined process in delivering a patient’s chair
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Strong office technology skills such as Microsoft Excel and Word as well as other cloud-based software
- Experience with Rehabilitation or Assistive Technologies such as wheelchairs, or other medical products would be ideal
- Enjoys meeting new people and nurturing strong relationships
- Works independently with little supervision
- Clean driving record
- Bachelor’s in related field, or equivalent work experience
- Able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach daily for long periods
- Able to walk an extensive amount of hours
- Able to lift to 25 pounds occasionally
- Regular and on-time attendance
- Variable work hours – (Hours may exceed 40 hours per week)
- Self-motivated and self-starting